Sunday, July 19, 2009

2 for 1

MGMT is supporting McCartney at Fenway, which gives me high hopes that Macca will perform a good deal of his newer material from "The Fireman" which was has some of the electronica backup, not unlike that used by MGMT. Apparently McCartney is a fan of the band, which suggests a personal invite. It sounds like they are quite popular in NYC, and I have heard the song "Kids" myself (See video below). The video is actually quite good (as well as the song) and perhaps would have done well if MTV still played music videos. I guess that is what youtube is for.

I'm not sure how well the hoards of baby-boomers who show up for Beatles and Wings tunes will receive MGMT, however, hopefully there will be enough younger fans, perhaps some MGMT fans, that can make it there and give them some deserved love.


No comments: