Wednesday, January 13, 2010

NYC 2009: End of the last day of the trip

OK... so far my computer hasn't started going batty tonight. I guess it is getting near the end of its life, I want to make it last till the end of the year however... So the rest of the day.
I guess I wasn't too far from the conclusion to be completely honest. We spent some time in the Medieval art wing where I took this picture of an unusual manger. Unusual because notice that baby Jesus is up with the angels, and not in Mary's care. I thought it seemed a bit demeaning in a sense to Mary, making her seem like a "vessel" and a servant rather than an important Biblical figure.
We saw a transition of European art to just about Modern times. Kate in particular liked a display that was made to represent the room of an English palace. The pieces of china reminded me of the tourist knick-knacks that were available at Buckingham Palace in London (Westminster technically). They had a bright blue color scheme, accented in gold.
We eventually started looking at the modern art wing, but didn't get any where close to seeing everything. We were trying to be a bit creative with this photo. It didn't really work for us.

Soon we were arted out and we decided to head out for Lunch. We were going to go to Lombardi's Pizza in Little Italy but it was way to busy with over an hour long wait. We ended up just randomly choosing a restaurant where we got pizza and bruschetta. It was a nice meal and it had a very cozy, old fashioned Italian restaurant atmosphere.

Soon we were on the Chinese bus back to Boston. We took the Lucky Star instead of Fung Wah. It was also $15 and sported some of the same broken seats inside the bus. I think I preferred Fung Wah as did Kate, but if you ask me why it really is difficult for me to pinpoint why. The crotchety bus driver on Lucky Star didn't win them any points.

No comments: