Wednesday, March 19, 2008

March Rain... Better than March Snow.

Tonight it was raining at a pretty good clip as I left work to go to Kate's. While exiting a bus at Beacon St. to catch the green line I caught my reflection in the door. My parka hood was pulled over my wool hat, and my signature dark circles under my eyes gave me a rather grim look. Oddly what popped into my head when I saw myself was one of those Russian dolls that have miniatures inside them. In my immediate shelter from the elements my form lacked any semblance of a neck or arms.

I frowned at my reflection and walked out onto the sidewalk and towards Kenmore square where I picked up the D line.

Kate had made tuna fish sandwiches and chips (which I actually suggested). She puts a hint of relish in her tuna fish which I've never had before. It was actually a nice touch. For desert we had a "confetti cake" with chocolate frosting. It is essentially a vanilla cake that has colored pieces of sugar in the batter making it "fun" to look at when you cut it open.

Anyway I'll be off to bed soon, and then on to another exciting day of work.

I have to admit, I thought the Obama speech was very good... despite that I think the damage is done. Jeremiah Wright isn't like Obama's prejudiced white grandmother, he is someone who Obama has immortalized with the title of his book "The Audacity of Hope". Barack Obama may not be a racist or an extremist, however he is tethered to Wright, (who clearly is racist) with a strong and heavy chain.

No comments: