Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life - Unknown

I woke up got out of bed... dragged a comb across my head ....

Yeah well, if my Monday morning was anything like a Beatles song... it would have been an improvement. Even if it was like Revolution #9.

I went out into the damp, bitter spring weather and trudged across the street to wait for the bus. The commute wasn't too bad, the first train I boarded became instantly disabled, and all of the passengers had to disembark and cross the platform to a newly arrived train. To try and make up for it the T ran express from Malden Center to Community College. I'm not certain it saved much time. I still ended up getting to Central Square ten minutes late.

When I arrived at work I reached for my side and muttered under my breath when I grabbed the nothingness where my work badge should have been. I went around the building to the front entrance and found the receptionist. I proclaimed in shame "It's Monday, and I forgot my badge". "It happens" she responded. Yes, I thought "it" does happen "it happens more often than I'd like".

The rest of my day was filled with the wonders of work.. the post work errands.. gym... and beginning to piece together what I'll need for my trip to London this weekend. It is work related, and despite only having one free day to myself there, after jet lag, I am pretty excited.

Anyway, now I think I'll watch an episode of 30-rock or two before going to bed.

No comments: