Wednesday, December 12, 2007

White House Press Secretary

What a revolutionary idea!

Make the White House Press Secretary an attractive young woman.

Since Tony Snow had to step down due to a relapse in his colon cancer, Dana Perino has stepped up to fill his shoes. Perino makes me stop and listen to C-Span as I'm flipping through the channels. Typically there had to be some big news or a scandal to get me to sit there and veg out to hear reporters ask questions. Nothing particularly interesting today, although I did laugh when a reporter asked her whether the administration thought Syria was involved in the recent Lebanon terrorist attack. Her response was something along the line of "I don't want to speculate.." Then she went on to say "but Syria has been involved in the past". I guess she didn't say "I won't speculate".

Honestly I was surprised to find out she was only 35, although Scott McClellan was only 38 at the end of his reign in the position. Perhaps it is her stuffy politician suits that make her appear older.

Huckabee dissing Mormonism now, then apologizing to Romney. I'm telling you... this guy's a piece of work.

Huckabee apologizes for comments on Mormons

I guess he does want the Utah vote... probably AIDS patients wouldn't vote for Huckabee anyway, so he probably figures why bother with that one.

No comments: