Wednesday, June 25, 2008

More Yak Butter Please.....

Kate and I went to a Tibetan restaurant in Davis Square on Tuesday night. The food was OK, I had "Coconut Curried Chicken" which sounds much more interesting than it was. Kate had some sort of spicy chicken that was cooked with pea pods and various other assorted vegetables. I had food envy over her choice, luckily we shared each other's selections. Portions were a bit light, and perhaps slightly higher than the norm for Asian cuisine. By skipping out on the soda/ drinks, and skipping to the tap, it still was a relatively inexpensive meal. The place was very busy, and it has a trendy, yet warm atmosphere. Surprisingly reviews were very mixed online. I thought the service was stretched a little thin but that was my only major complaint. I'd probably give it another shot. A coworker joked with me that I should ask for Yak butter when I return. I'll have to file that away.

Here is an interesting article about the people who opened up the restaurant a few years ago:

Tibetan family opens new restaurant, Martsa's on Elm, in Davis Sq.

Work has been busy, I seem to be back in the routine of arriving early and leaving late. On the plus side I've been getting to bed earlier this week, and I'm hoping to try and maintain this revolutionary lifestyle change. It really isn't easy for me.

Regarding the statue eating a baby in Munich, Jens emailed me with this wikipedia link. Apparently the God in question is Saturn..... those Romans sure were weird.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_Devouring_His_Son

No comments: