Monday, July 28, 2008

A mundane Monday

Really... I have absolutely next to nothing to write about. I don't have any good stories, no funny antidotes. I don't have any interesting links today. I don't have the patience to talk politics, nor do I have any witty pop culture blurbs to comment on. All I can write about is my seemingly non existent inspiration to write... and perhaps whine a bit. I'm good at whining (who isn't... am I right?), but usually I choose not to whine about the more banal items of my existence. I typically spare you, my readers, because I find it to be an activity that bears no fruit and only serves to often piss other people off. And personally because I don't like being "pissed off", it is my genuine act of kindness not to invoke this reaction from my peers. (Inevitably it will eventually happen.... what's one to do?)

My (work) report writing is of course under way, and I look forward to another day in which I write, organize, make spreadsheets, organize, re-write etc, get coffee, write some more and so on. The trouble is at the end of the day... (I hate the phrase "at the end of the day".. and no.... "hate" isn't "too strong" language to describe my feelings for this proverb/ business world catch-phrase) you look at what you've done.... and wonder about it. It is like I'm working towards a fictional conclusion... whatever that means... I don't even know I'm just babbling....and the more I babble, the more incoherent I'll probably get.

Well bed beckons, and Tuesday awaits.....and I think my head needs rest, an upgrade would be nice, but I don't think they are available.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my whole brain was out of tune
my whole brain was out of tune
I don't know how to tune a brain, do you?

went in to a brain shop
they said they'd have to rebuild the whole head
I said well, do what you gotta do

when i got my brain back, it didn't work right
didn't have as many good ideas
haven't really have a good idea since i got it fixed

Morphine, "My Brain"