Monday, August 18, 2008

Briefly...

Kate and I went to Schenectady, NY this weekend to visit with her family. We did some hiking on Saturday and then took her Mom & Aunt out to the Cheesecake Factory later on for dinner. It was a very nice visit, and we really lucked out on the weather aside from some intense thunderstorms (surprise surprise...) on drive way over.

I'll detail this a bit more later, Kate took a handful of pictures that I may have some interesting things to write about.

Arriving back in Brookline Sunday night, we got some Chinese takeout, and watched the Olympics. There was some diving on, and some final "singles" exercises for both men and women's gymnastics. It was impressive to see a 33 year old German woman medal in one of the events, when typically if you are 18 in women's gymnastics that seems to make you a veteran.

Monday was slow, I was overtired, and I really am glad it is over. Bed beckons, and I already managed to fall asleep on the futon. I was flipping through the channels, and apparently I was so tired I managed to fall asleep while the TV was on "Telemundo".

No comments: