Thursday, August 07, 2008

The rain is getting old....

Really....

I used to claim to like thunder storms, but when days are made up of a succession of them, one leading into another, they really sort of lose their magic.

Today I had to travel for work outside Cambridge. Luckily it was a co-worker's turn to drive. On the way back to Melrose we had to turn around about 1/2 a dozen times because there was over a foot of water sitting in the roads. There were firetrucks screaming down dry sections in an attempt to rescue a couple of drivers who thought they would make it.... and got stuck in their cars, at the whim of the currents of the flash flood waters. It was ugly. I felt bad for my coworker because he had to meet his wife at a certain time and it just wasn't working out for him.

As I write this... it is thundering and raining, yet again.

Well tomorrow is already Friday, and it is hard to believe. This week really flew by. I hear we might have some severe thunder storms this weekend. Well I guess it will just give me an excuse to cook something up and watch the Olympics.

Let's see if the rain can put me to sleep.

(disclaimer: really, I'm going to actually read these after I write them one of these days, make sure they are somewhat coherent!)

No comments: