Monday, August 11, 2008

One delay after another....

I had been meaning to sit down and write this entry all evening, however I've been busy all night with one errand/chore after another. Not to mention I got distracted by the Olympics as well. I have to admit, I think the coverage this time around seems a bit improved. More events, more sports, less touchy feely crap that causes various events to get side lined from prime time coverage. My one complaint would be "Bob Costas"... he pisses me off. Also this weekend a female reporter absolutely hounded one of the female US swimmers who got close to the divider at the end of a race. She was treating her like a politician who had been caught in some fraudulent activity and it was absolutely uncalled for.

But to update you on my weekend:
So... Friday was uneventful, Chinese take out, followed by me passing out on the couch and then ultimately going to bed. I watched the opening ceremony of the Olympics (spectacular!) and a comedy/documentary called "Super High Me" (You can guess the plot/purpose). Amusing stuff.

Saturday... busy busy... I planned a dinner for my friend Jason's birthday. I ran around all day cleaning, doing laundry, buying food, preparing food... you get the picture. To make a long story short, I over cooked the steak, under cooked the potatoes, but the steamed clams and the salad came out just fine. I got praise for the corn on the cob too, but seriously if I managed to screw that up, it would be a talent all on it's own. I had a cake but no way to really sneak the candles on so I told Jason to imagine that they were there, and Kate and I sang "Happy Birthday". Jason brought some wine to accompany our feast, which was much appreciated.

Sunday.... it rained. Kate and I went to "On the Border". I ordered some sort of massive burrito which I had for lunch and supper (ala the dogie bag). Kate and I looked up some info on our trip to the Albany area to see her Mom & Aunt. We were planning to do a little sight seeing that Saturday, perhaps some hiking or kayaking.

And here's Monday. A fairly productive day at work, I made it to the gym, and even managed to get a lot accomplished tonight.

I do have a lot of things I'd love to rant about (beyond Bob Costas's gig hosting the Olympics) but I just didn't have the time tonight.

And now I MUST go to bed. Seriously....

No comments: