Thursday, November 20, 2008

The old haunt...

Kate and I had a great evening out after work. We met at our favorite Chinese restaurant in the Boston area "Mary Chung's". We warmed ourselves with some hot tea, and enjoyed our food and great conversation. I tried Mary Chung's "scallion pancakes", an item I've never had but had read about in reviews of the restaurant. They were quite good and were served with a spicy soy based dipping sauce. Kate had chicken with peppers in a black pepper sauce, and I had chicken lo-mein. I had never tried the lo-mein there before but the noodles were al dente, and the vegetables were crisp, just how I like it. Mary Chung's has one of those endless menus, and has preparations that are probably less "Americanized" than the typical Chinese restaurant.

After our meal Kate and I went to the 1369 Coffee House in Central square. We had hot chocolate and a Blondie-Brownie. It was tough to go home. We'll have to wait till after Thanksgiving till our next night out on the town.... travesty.

No comments: