Sunday, November 02, 2008

Surgery Recovery: Days 3,4, and 5

Halloween was a rather uneventful day, with the exception that I was able to take the bandage off finally. I did take some pictures of my iodine and adhesive stained wounded shoulder, but I decided against ruining any one's Monday morning by posting them here. Kate and I celebrated Halloween by getting some pizza delivered, and watching some of ghost hunters, and the latest Harry Potter installment. I continued with my regiment of opiates to sedate me, which made for some good sleeping, albeit with rather strange dreams that included the occasional glowing disembodied head.

On Saturday Kate and I put a jigsaw puzzle together that she bought me. She had mentioned it previously, and asked me what sort of puzzle I'd want, just in case I wanted to hang it up. I thought a retro-food advertisement would be nice to put in the kitchen. I think the coke ad that she settled on will look pretty sweet in a frame.
After putting the puzzle together, Kate and I went to Shaw's and CVS to pick up some more band aids for my shoulder, and ingredients for supper. Kate cooked up an excellent meal of Shepherd's pie. I look forward to having the left overs this week!

Here I am interacting with Molly (the plant) in a drug induced haze. This is me headed out for the first time post surgery. This coat, with some effort is able to fit over my sling. I suspect I am going to have to stand on the Subway because it makes me sort of bulky.
Here I am getting high off of a Reese's peanut butter cup wrapper. I thought it would be a good alternative to eating more junk than I should, and rationing out my supply.Chinese food on Sunday! The ice pack on my shoulder was named "Binky" by Kate. The suggestion I believe was that I hold a certain amount of affection for it, which I'm neither going to confirm or deny.

Kate made the time go by fast and helped me out a lot through out the Weekend. I'm really lucky to have her in my life!























No comments: