Monday, November 03, 2008

Surgery Recovery: Day 6

I can't tell if my allergic reaction from the bandaging is getting worse or better. Today it was scabbing over, and I decided to wear a white T-shirt all day. This is a milestone, the first day I put on a shirt that didn't button up the front.

Last night was the first night I didn't have Kate over in several days. I did miss her, and I found myself waking up in the middle of the night and putting the television on to help me fall back to sleep.

Today I logged into work and worked on one of my reports. It was a bit aggravating because my work lap top was especially slow over the VPN connection. I made a couple of substantial edits to a report before giving in for the day and eating the left over shepherd's pie for supper.

Tomorrow is election day and its results will likely (almost certainly) mark a fundamental change in nearly all American policy for years to come. I'm going to hobble across the street to my polling center, cast my vote, and then return and watch the talking heads. It will be very interesting to watch history unfold over the next few years. I'll be awaiting the "New"New Deal, the potential for isolationist policies, and to see if the end of free trade is brought by Obama as he has been promising to many of the blue collar Americans he is courting.
If you visit Obama's website, he is promising to expand pretty much every program including the military, all while creating giant new bureaucracies (Nationalized health and College tuition for "Volunteer" work), then he also says he'll be fiscally responsible, and at the same time he'll cut taxes for 95% of Americans. It makes George W. Bush's fuzzy math seem pretty straight forward. And he even continues to sell these ideas in the face of over 1 trillion in "bailout" spending. Did I mention that Barack Obama is anti big business and wants to increase energy taxes? Something has to give somewhere.... It will be interesting to see what it is, how it is spun, and what the public reaction is.

No comments: