Sunday, February 08, 2009

Basil Chicken over Angel Hair

I don't know if it topped this pesto chicken sandwich that Kate made last Thursday, which she dreamt up herself, but I made a new dish on Saturday night. Basil Chicken over Angel hair. I followed the recipe at the link with the exception that I used "Linguine Fini" instead of Angel hair pasta. We had some black & white cookies for desert which were surprisingly good since I got them from the Shaw's Supermarket Bakery. I have a ton of fresh basil left over (they only sell large packages), which means that I will probably be having it on the small pizzas I'll likely make for supper this week.

Today Kate and I went to Lendy's, a deli/diner in Saugus. It is a great little place that we should frequent more often. Kate had a patty melt with fries, and I a cheeseburger club with cole slaw. They have one of those menus where you pretty much have to close your eyes and point... because everything seems pretty good.

So yes... it was one of those weekends where eating was a highlight. When I wasn't hanging out with Kate, I spent time preparing tax crap ang doing a ton of errands. I'm heading on a buisness trip abroad next week so I have a ton of preparation to do.

Caught pieces of the Grammy's tonight. A lot of it was crap, per usual, but I did enjoy a McCartney/Foofighters colaboration on "She was Just 17", and Radiohead.

So anyway... Monday. Here we go again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are you going? - Hayes

Anonymous said...

Abroad - does that include Canada?

Jens