Thursday, February 05, 2009

Links of Note

Commentary: Libertarian ideas to stimulate economy

I agree with a lot of what is said in the above piece of commentary. Areas I differ, namely pulling out of Afghanistan, and the expansion in immigration. I would need to know more about the latter, and I disagree with the idea that immigration has much effect on the homelands of migrants other than funneling American cash outside of the U.S. There may be something to be said for improving scientific and engineering productivity, however I would need to see evidence before I could take a solid stance on that issue.

Commentary: Government shouldn't decide executive pay

An excellent piece by Carly Fiorina, one of many people who probably should have been higher on John McCain's VP list than Sarah Palin.

Obama: I heard God on Chicago's streets

And yet another double standard, when Barack says stuff like this he is wonderful and in touch with the people. When W said it, it was taken out of context and he was painted to be a mad religious zealot. (Although I think W's remarks had implied ties to the war on terror if I remember correctly.... which is perhaps troubling since so much of that was focused on religious extremists)

Obama is eloquent and a much better communicator than Bush, this prayer, double standard aside, is quite a nice piece of work, an excellent example of why he has such great popularity. Ooooh... I said something nice about Barack. Unfortunately there are a ton of people out there praying... and I'm not sure that is going to patch up the economy any time soon.

No comments: