Sunday, September 27, 2009

Vigo Spain Images

Here is an assortment of images that I took on the first of my recent two trips to Spain. I had a couple of days off and I was able to explore Vigo's beaches. The largest of these was called Samil which had beautiful walkways, pools, and facilities adjacent to the beach, several more remote beaches were adjacent to this beach. It was a beautiful day for the beach and all of the beaches that I walked along were quite busy.

The sand at all of these beaches is very white, and the water crystal blue. You can see down through it easily, unlike the typical New England ocean water that I am used to. However, much like the water off of New England, it was quite cold. I am told that the water stays between 65-70 degrees Fahrenheit year round, and that on nice days you are still able to swim in the winter.





This beach above was right in the city of Vigo, and I was able to walk several miles from this beach all the way out to Samil, essentially without leaving the beach. It was spectacular.


An interesting statue in a traffic circle in Vigo. Behind you can see some of the typical newer apartment buildings that the average Vigo resident lives in. The city is very dense and fairly expansive.



This is one of many unique sculptures in Vigo.


On the Vigo waterfront. They were having a boat race and you can see some of the rowers making their way through the course.


An interesting Mer-man sculpture.








No comments: