Monday, July 30, 2007

Gobble Gobble...


The photo above, albeit rather far away, shows a large turkey which was terrorizing a Brookline neighborhood. It stood on the steps demanding reverence from all of the earth's lesser beings. I took the picture myself.... I would have gotten closer but the turkey scared me with it's beady black eyes and menacing footwork. I took the photo from across the street, perilously brave of me yes... but someone had to do the job.
The woman you see to the left just saved her bewildered, yet foolishly brave cat from almost certain death. I wanted to get her autograph, for to confront that beast as she did, I tell you, it took feats of undetermined strength. My conclusion is that she is in fact a mutant, unbowed by fear and the weaknesses that burden rational mortals. Amazing. You can see her clutching Mr. Fuzzykins in her lightly shaking arms.
I've got to say.... looking that turkey in the eyes... it was though I felt like I would never feel happy again. It was like all of the life was being sucked out of me, and there was nothing I could do about it.
I've been eating a plentiful supply of citrus flavored Popsicles since this harrowing event. Something about that red, orange, and purple ice, in all of it's aspartame-sweetened goodness has helped to nurse the life back into me. I daresay if Kate hadn't been there to provide support, the turkey may have over powered me with it's freakish mind tricks. I wouldn't be here to tell the tale, instead just another victim to fall prey to this cold, cold predatorial creature of the streets.
Prior to my brush with death, Kate and I went to eat at Canestaro's which is an out of the way Italian eatery on Peterborough Street in the Fenway neighborhood. Kate had read some reviews about their pizza and it did not disappoint. We got the boring, but delicious pepperoni and pepper combination that I am very fond of. We will likely be return customers and try more of what their menu has to offer.
As you may have ascertained, my turkey shot was my novice use of my new digital camera. I got a Canon Powershot A630. It was the camera I was going to buy several months ago, and now it had dropped in price significantly so it is mine. I read many reviews saying it is easy to use, but so far I'm finding the manual completely useless. I'm really having to figure things out for myself. I'm going to have to fool around with it tomorrow night quite a bit to develop some more comfort before heading to NYC on Thursday with Kate.
Anyway in the news:
'Wonder Years' actress: 'Smart is cool' : Winnie Cooper tells world that she is still a dork.
Henry: Did Bush make Brown his BFF? : W wows the Brit Labour party leader.... Again?
From the article: And you could hear the audible sighs in the West Wing of the White House when Brown returned the favor by suggesting that he will be a stalwart ally on Iraq, despite the fears within the administration that the new prime minister will break with the president to show he's not "Bush's poodle," the criticism Blair drew.
Jon Stewart had a great bit on his show where a digital image showed a hand (implied that it is Bush's) handing Brown a raw-hide chew bone.

No comments: