Sunday, July 29, 2007

I still didn't get my oil changed....

That was my goal today, and I failed miserably at it. Bed was waaaay too comfortable this morning, and since I usually do not get the sleep I need during the week I ended up playing catch up. The afternoon brought thunderstorms and I read a bit. Eventually I headed out and bought myself some of Domino's hot wings and cheesy bread. I managed to keep the Tabasco sauce off of my testicles, something I've had a problem with in the past. (FYI: Wash your hands after eating hot wings)

While consuming my food, I watched "The Last Detail" (1973) starring Jack Nicholson, Otis Young, and a very young looking Randy Quaid. The years haven't been kind to Quaid. Over the past 20 years he is usually type cast as the dumpy weird middle aged father, most famously in the National Lampoon's vacation series. In "The Last Detail" he plays a green Navy boy, only 18 who has been caught stealing from a charity collection. He is almost unrecognizable resembling Brendan Fraser more than he does Cousin Eddie. Quaid is a kleptomaniac and steals on impulse, regardless of whether he actually needs what he is taking. He has unfairly been given a rather harsh punishment of 8 years in military prison in Portsmouth New Hampshire. It is the duty of Nicholson and Young to transport Quaid from Norfolk to Portsmouth in which they are granted 5 days to do so. Instead of promptly bringing Quaid to Portsmouth, Nicholson and Young (primarily Nicholson) take pity on Quaid and decide to show him a good time in his remaining days of freedom. Nicholson is a self proclaimed "bad ass" and is always the center of attention in every shot he's in. I found the tale to be very amusing, laughing at the debauchery, the chanting, consumption of Shlitz, and Nicholson's proclamation that Heineken is the world's finest beer..(The choice of JFK he says). Well compared to Shlitz.....

The Simpsons on Friday was great... I looked on myspace to try to find the "Spider Pig" song to use on my page but was unsuccessful thus far. Caprio joked at the end of the film "Let's go see the 12:00 showing!" As they say there is usually truth embedded in many jokes. When Jason and I got back to my car it smelled like a corpse inside. Jason and I went to a dive sit-down Chinese place called "Panda Castle" in the Maplewood neighborhood of Malden, which was enroute to the Revere theater. I've got to admit they made a fine beef Teriyaki stick, although their hot and sour soup was on the bland side. Anyway... he took his left-overs and kept them in the car. I thought perhaps his rice and chicken would be OK... but his wonton soup, NO WAY! So when we got back (as I said already) the car smelled like cat urine and feces or death, or just something along that line. I hope he didn't eat it..... I told him it wouldn't last, but hey what do I know... I'm just a scientist.

Anyhow... I sit here typing away, and I could potentially write much more, but alas, I think I'll head off to bed. I want to wash my car tomorrow (something I wanted to do today). I may just go buy a couple of fetching polo-golf shirts so I can look more like a yuppie, and maybe... just maybe finally purchase the digital camera I've been dreaming of getting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I managed to keep the Tabasco sauce off of my testicles, something I've had a problem with in the past. (FYI: Wash your hands after eating hot wings)."

George...we've been friends for years...but after reading that, I don't think I can ever read this blog again.

Yours truly,
Scottie