Monday, August 27, 2007

Chaloux & I


I went up to Maine this past weekend with Kate for Tim & Brandy's wedding which was Friday. Saturday I woke up with a tickle in my throat and a runny nose. Initially I thought it was allergies, but it has since blossomed into and ugly cold/virus. I actually needed to take today off from work and cancelled & rescheduled a dental appointment tomorrow due to my condition. Eventually I will get around to a write up on the wedding, and finishing the last couple of installments on the NYC trip. For today I am instead putting up a picture of myself (left) and Jason Chaloux (right). The picture is from the fourth of July when Jason had a going away party. He is in the Army National Guard and after his training is completed, he'll be shipping out to Iraq. I wish him well, my thoughts will be with him.


Jason lived a block over from me and we went through Junior High and High School together. Jason's mom, Gloria, gave my mother this photo. Jason and my parents still live a block apart as do several of my other childhood neighbors. For me, visiting the neighborhood is like returning to a time that seems both recent, but at the same moment, ages in the past.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im an old friend of Jason's we knew each other in elementary school and middle school. Id be grateful for info. so I can reconnect with him. Thank you very much George! :) k8m77@yahoo.com
-K.M.