Monday, November 12, 2007

Wicked November Weekend



I'm sitting here in my apartment on this Veterans Day weekend lounging about... unkempt and being totally lazy, and enjoying every minute of it. Kate and I are going to head over to Brookline soon and prepare a supper for her friend Jeff who is coming into town on business. Kate was searching for lasagna recipes earlier so it should be a fun & tasty evening.

The weekend began early for me on Friday since I took a half day. I went to "New Asia" in Cambridge for a Chinese buffet lunch. (Amusing restaurant name.... Jens?) Following this I went to get my hair trimmed, and then headed to the gym. The gym was great, no one was there since it was before the post work rush. I was exhausted that evening and passed out on my bed with the lights on while reading.

Saturday came and I picked up Kate to go to Foxboro and see Gillette stadium. Millennium had its yearly party for the employees there. It was a great time, they took us for a tour of the facilities. There was good snacking food and an open bar. Ex-New England Quarter back Steve Grogan was there as well signing autographs. After taking in the festive air for a couple of hours Kate and I returned to Melrose for an easy going evening. I made some bread sticks and we mindlessly watched TV.


On Sunday Kate and I had tickets to the Wicked show at the Opera House in Boston. The show was great! I was really impressed with the creativity of the story and I'm almost tempted to pick up the book and read it. The premise of the story is that the Wicked Witch of the West was really good and had her name dragged through the dirt by the corrupt Wizard of Oz. They really tied everything together well too so that it didn't tarnish the original story by L. Frank Baum.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't begin to tell you just how jealous I am...and I thought my company's party at Jillian's was pretty cool.

Oy.

--Scottie

Anonymous said...

Nice "trim". Did you go to Sean Hannity's barber?

-John

George N. Parks said...

Wow you noticed! I mean I didn't think the chick at supercuts could pull it off... guess she'll be getting a bigger tip. Hey if she can make me look like hannity... I bet she might even be able to give me fisher price style "helmet head". I'll have to suggest it.