Sunday, November 04, 2007

Returning from blogging absence

Yes, yes... I know I've been absent from the blogging scene lately. Honestly don't expect much from this post either as it is late and I fell asleep tonight prematurely. This robbed me of some time I intended to spend on a post. Anyway I thought I'd post the best of some un-exceptional pictures I took on Halloween. I need to take a course on using the digital camera or something because I really can't seem to get the focusing down when there is any motion, additionally night time seems to increase the difficulty of the process. Anyway.



This picture of the state house bearing the Red Sox victory banner was probably one of my better shots. It took me three takes to get a non blurry photo... and I still think it could have been better.... ahh well. Moving right along.



Here you can see my "blurry" problems. This was at Beacon Hill on Halloween. The picture totally does not capture the excitement of all the dressed up people (actually I don't even see any in this shot) nor does it show the beauty of the decorations. There were several archways of balloons which were on this road and they just can't be appreciated here. Actually I imagine this is sort of giving the experience of what the night may have seemed like if I was really drunk at this point.... despite my bad camera work I had no alcohol.

This picture of Kate wasn't bad but again, aside from Kate, the wall, and those vines everything else is a blur. I think I'm coming to accept while I may have some artistic skill in other forums... photography is definitely not my forte. I took several other shots of the decorations including some elaborately carved Jack-O-Lanterns, some park decorations, and additional street shots, however all of them are as bad or worse than what you've already seen so I'll spare you.

I had a decent weekend and hope everyone else did as well. Friday I did some needed errands. I actually fixed the water damaged bathroom vanity (sandpaper, brush & paint $15). I think it looks pretty good and makes the bathroom seem much cleaner. The vanity was pretty gnarly looking after a broken sink started running and and ran over when I wasn't home. (Not one of my better memories from 2007) Saturday I did some more house work, and Kate came over. We had Fuddruckers for supper. I was going to try a new pizza place, however it hadn't opened yet and we settled for some good burgers instead. Saturday morning we had a nice pancake breakfast at the apartment. Later we headed out and saw "Bee Movie" written and voiced by Jerry Seinfeld. It was pretty funny, the animation was beautiful and the colors vibrant. For Seinfeld fans there were definitely scenes where the bee babbled on about nothing as though he were sitting in a diner with George and Elaine. It even worked in a cover of arguably one of my favorite Beatles Songs penned by George Harrison.

Anyway... I think that's going to be all for now. Have a swell Monday.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's odd. If you're using a flash, I don't know why it is blurry. And why Kate would not be blurry while the background is so blurry, that's weird. Perhaps, your camera is haunted. -Kevin