Monday, February 11, 2008

Mid February Weekend update

Fairly lazy here this weekend....

For those who are local, how about those thunder & lightning snow storms?

I did get some new tires for the car, bought a new bedspread and sheets & blanket. The folks are visiting Saturday/Sunday and so I'm fixing up my room for them... so there's a lot of cleaning to do, dusting sorting stuff out... etc, etc.

The Democratic primaries are a constant source of amusement to me. With any luck it can and will stay evenly split between Hillary and Obama right up until the primary. Apparently Obama has pulled ahead in the polls in several states where Hillary was expected to win. Exciting stuff.

Kate and I booked our Frankfurt, Germany hotel for the eve of our return home on our trip. We have narrowed down our choices in Munich to a couple and might pull the trigger on one favorite which is a Sheraton located in the Olympic park. Apparently it is a 15 minute underground ride into the city center, not to mention the place is priced right and had good reviews.

I have my first physical therapy appointment for my shoulder tomorrow morning. It will be interesting because I have no idea what to expect. I'm going to pack a t-shirt for the therapy which hopefully will be sufficient. I have to be at Spaulding for 8:45 which I'm not particularly exited about. (Not a morning person)

Kate and I are looking forward to Friday night's Magnetic Fields concert with John & Michelle. I have to make a point of looking tomorrow night for a list of potential eateries and bars to visit in the Somerville area. There's a diner just outside of Davis that has a full bar which is a fall back, but there should be several other options. Kate mentioned a Mexican place that has been reviewed well, there's always PJ O'Sullivans outside of Porter's with its fantastic burgers, and there is a plethora of ethnic cuisine to choose from.

My mother claimed that she might be willing to try Indian food for lunch when she comes to Boston with dad. I'm sure she'll like it but I think dad will have to stick to the Jasmine Rice and the tandori chicken (spices don't agree with him). Of course we may just end up going to the Cheesecake factory, it wouldn't surprise me.

I still have no idea whether I have Presidents day off or not... I have to figure that out tomorrow. Sad eh?

Anyway, it is definitely time for bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey George - hope the physical therapy goes well (or went well, by the time you read this) ... I'm sure it will make for interesting blog fodder.

Enjoy the Magnetic Fields this weekend ... where are they playing?

- Hayes

George N. Parks said...

The Somerville Theater... should be fun.

Therapy was OK, although I screwed up the directions to Spaulding this morning and wandered around in the sub-zero windchill for a while.

I'll now be having the therapy bi-weekly for another month or so.