Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tuesday, and it has already been a long week...

The snow is falling down at a good pace now as I sit here and try to piece together things to put into this post.

My week is really busy, a lot of errands, the start of physical therapy, the Magnetic Fields concert on Friday, and the parents on Saturday afternoon and into the rest of the weekend. I've been cleaning the apartment, or trying to, washing new bedding which I got for my parents, doing my physical therapy exercises, and yet there are still things that seem to fall behind the wayside.

In theory I should probably be working 10hr plus days this week, but it just isn't going to happen. The life outside of work has to take precedent sometime.

I can hear the nightly news people rambling on about the snow as though we are having a hurricane. The way the public works in Greater Boston has been this winter, in terms of transit tomorrow morning we may as well be. Luckily the subway hasn't seemed to be effected too much this year, which is perhaps a first since I've been here.

I enjoyed the return of Jericho tonight... cliff hanger ending as usual. Hopefully the 7 "extended" episodes will be highly rated so that it may continue. I read a review that called it the thinking man's "24". I never was drawn into 24 like I am Jericho. I suppose the thing that helped make 24 a smash is that it was very stylistically done. I think the filming in Jericho is more along the line of the traditional 1hr drama, in other words nothing spectacular. However I really get geeked out over the politics, conspiracy, and a whole theoretical and philosophical element that the show has. How do people act under these circumstances? It can lead to a lot of discussion.

Anyway... I have to go check on my laundry. I want to leave you with this BBC article on the surge which took no sides but explained the progress in Iraq with caveats included.

Iraq violence: monitoring the surge

No comments: