Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday in Back Bay...

Somewhere some college kids were thirsty.... and then there was John Madden (college friend... not the football hot head) and I exchanging banter at Bukowski's over supper and beer. Two thirty-somethings clawing onto our youth as time drags us towards... well whatever it is that tomorrow has in store for us. It was nice to see John.... I had some music to give him, but left the cd in my backpack forgetfully as we parted ways. We'll be seeing Dr. Dog playing at the Middle East in a couple of weeks so I suppose I can hand it off then. I was incredibly tired tonight, and alas here I am, still awake, typing away.



I was going to write something witty but instead I decided to post this picture of a failed kite flying experience this summer. I feel it best describes some of my emotions and enthusiasm now before I go to bed.

May all of you have a pleasant Friday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, George.. Sorry you're feeling down, just dream of all the fun we are going to have this weekend.
Happy Friday,
Kate

Anonymous said...

I hope I'm not responsible for that - directly or indirectly. Thanks again for treating. Thanks again for the the frank and intuitive conversation. And most importantly, thanks again for listening. You're invaluable - a great man.

George N. Parks said...

A bit of work stress going on, it is always great hanging out John. I'm counting the days till Dr. Dog.... And give "Fate" a chance, I think the album is becoming my favorite of theirs. It's perhaps a little more formulaic, but I think it is really well done.