Wednesday, September 03, 2008

We'll See...

Palin puts on a good show....

I liked the speech, and I am quite the critic. The night was fairly light on the "social-conservatism" topics. Huckabee made the most overt statements towards these divisive issues (big surprise...), but it was even brief for him. Huckabee and Romney both gave far better speeches than any made the preceding evening (Yes.... my favorite two Republicans... sarcasm intended), and even Giuliani's rambling mess managed to get the crowd (and me) to cheer with glee.

Huckabee used a quote... which is rumored to be falsely attributed to Abraham Lincoln, and also rumored to be either Gerald Ford or Barry Goldwater:

"Abraham Lincoln reminded us that a government that can do everything for us can also take everything from us." -part of Huckabee's speech

Anyway, it sums up the primary reason I will not vote for Obama.

How the American public receives Palin remains to be seen. I suspect the fears I expressed in yesterday's entry remain relevant.

If anyone tuned into the convention besides the GOP base... perhaps they'll at least see someone who is very likable. It remains to be seen if the GOP is "dead in the water".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope there's hope. "No matter how far wrong you've gone, you can always turn around." Maybe that should be the GOP's slogan. ;^)

Be well.

-John