Sunday, October 19, 2008

Just like the old days....

Well the Red Sox made it into the playoffs, led us on, and then let us down.

A packed Tropicana field celebrated, overflowing with newly minted fans who never showed up to games, or bothered to care until their team made the playoffs. I wonder if it will go back to being vacant again next year, or filled with patrons supporting the opponent.

I kind of wish Lester had been taken out of the game earlier, to me it reminded me of 2003 where Pedro Martinez was left in to pitch against the Yankees too long, however given the strength of our bullpen now vs. what it was then, I just thought it would have been more obvious this time around, but I guess not. It would have been fine to leave him in during a typical season game, but in the deciding game to get in the World Series? I don't know, I guess I just don't see it that way.

With any luck hopefully we won't have repeat performances of this night that last for another 86 years.

My weekend was spent cleaning the apartment, and on Saturday night I had dinner with Kate and her mother, which was nice. Tonight Kate and I got together for a light meal at Panera.

Well..... Go Phillies!! (Can't say I'm going to change plans to watch the world series however..)

No comments: