Friday, October 31, 2008

Surgery Recovery: Day 2

I just watched Kate board the commuter rail out my back window. Of all my time living here I've always walked to the subway so I anxiously await feedback on the efficiency of her commute.

Several hours after I finished off yesterday's entry, I awoke from a nap to find myself rather uncomfortable. I was sitting in a puddle, and apparently my ice pack had ruptured during my nap. The ice melted, taking with it the iodine I had on my shoulder and staining my sheets, my shirt, and yes... sadly even my recliner. For the most part the recliner looks all right, but I can't say the same for the sheets and shirt. I immediately soaked the shirt with some stain remover. The sheets are pictured below, it sort of looks like I had some sort of bio-accident. Here I am modeling my replacement shirt and a new ice pack that Kate was kind enough to pick up for me.

Around noon today, I'll remove my bandage, shower, and apply some band-aids. This means no more shirt over the sling. It should be a great improvement over my current state!

Well as my arm is starting to ache, I think it is time for me to get back to my drugs.

TGIF?

Happy Halloween






No comments: