Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The Beginning of NW Vacation Day III

In the morning we left early to get to the airport where I picked up a rental car. Surprisingly they stuck me with a Fiat, which really surprised me. Typically I always end up with your standard Chevy Cruz or something in that class. The Fiat was fine really, and when we went to Portland eventually when we hung out with Jason we remained in the city so no driving was necessary. If we had to use the back seat, it may have been OK for small distances. It was fun to drive, and it had a huge sun/moon roof which was a nice feature so no complaints. It just made the trip more memorable.

Our trek on this day took us to Mt. Rainier National Park, and we began by heading to the Copper Creek Inn for lunch. The food was pretty good, nothing memorable, but the location and the restaurant itself was. I'd recommend stopping here over the National Park cafeteria to anyone that goes.


This was a view at a stop off early in the National Park.




We hiked a little bit here, but there was still a lot of snow and we weren't equipped so we did not go too far.


I've made the photo above into my cover page on facebook. You can barely make me out heading off into the evergreens. It sort of makes me think of life, a trek off into the wilderness, and I don't know about you but sometime it seems like you are definitely on your own. I know I'm not.... but well, it's complicated what can I say.
Me and Phyllis, what I affectionately named the Fiat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're not alone. Phyllis was waiting for you the whole time.
-Kate