Sunday, September 21, 2014

Start of Day 4, The Oregon Coast

 The next day we woke up early to get on the road to the Oregon coast. We grabbed quick coffees from a walk-up Starbucks on our block and began our journey. We stopped at a tourist trap "Camp 18" for breakfast along the way which the guide books all praised. Without a doubt it was cool to see. A ton of old logging equipment was scattered on the grounds, and it is in the middle of the beautiful Northwest forests that put the white pines of New England to shame.
 A few months ago I showed this picture to my family and they just really didn't get it. Apparently either I have a poor sense of humor, or they do. I stand by this act of comedic brilliance.
 Check out the big smudge on my camera lens. Yeah... nothing like ruining a day's worth of pictures without realizing it. Luckily Kate is duplicating my efforts.
 Phyllis you are soooo cute. I know, the Fiat pictures must be getting old but I couldn't stop my self from snapping this shot. Beep beep!
 I've always thought chicken fried steak seemed like an incredibly gross concept so I've always mocked those who've ordered it, and avoided it like the plague. This place seemed like the type of joint that would specialize in it, so I decided to give it a whirl. As it turns out, my suspicions were justified. Nothing like seeing the snap of gristle when you cut you knife into the grade F (I assume) ground meat that is heavily battered and coated in grease and gravy. On the plus side the mashed potatoes and veggies weren't half bad, but this is one plate of food I did not finish.


I won't be posting for a few days because I'm off on a business trip. I'll be in the Galicia region of Spain till Friday. I know this probably sounds more interesting than the Pacific Northwest. Outside of having some nice meals in the evening it is going to be all work and no play. Here is a link to a couple blog entries I wrote years ago when I visited previously. Enjoy.
http://strollintheparks.blogspot.com/2009/09/vigo-spain-images.html

http://strollintheparks.blogspot.com/2009/09/more-vigo.html



No comments: