Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thankfully Thursday

I'm reaching for those blog titles... just a geyser of creativity, what can I freaking say! Sorry... excuse my language.

Today, today... what should I write about today? Well, it was a rather slow day of meetings at work. I gave the second half of a journal review presentation, then there was an additional meeting with several people from my group primarily to discuss me training other folks to use some instrumentation. Fun fun.

I had spaghetti and Meatballs for lunch courtesy of our cafeteria. (Meatballs is capitalized because that's the best part!) The pasta was a bit over cooked as cafeteria pasta tends to be. That aside it did come with a dinner roll! The cafeteria worker smashed the roll right in the middle of the plate covering it with sauce. In my mind I imagined myself launching the plate at the worker's face and saying "Thanks for nothing ASS!" Instead I removed the roll, poofed it back into shape (poofed is a technical term), and proceeded to check out. The roll was fine, I probably would have dipped it in the sauce anyway.

Anywho... after those work day thrills concluded I walked from Central Square to Porter Square and went to the gym officially endorsed by lovable franchise enthusiast "Old Speckled Chainer", you guessed it, "Bally's Total Fitness". While at Bally's I worked hard to get totally fit... results still pending.

I then boarded the noisy subway and took the journey to Melrose. (Fascinating Eh?) Upon arriving at my residence I enjoyed an apple, a drink of blueberry tea, and then I watched "I'm Reed Fish". Another real good film, and this one is perhaps more approachable than last night's Wilby Wonderful. The kid from Fox's short lived "Undeclared" sitcom, as well as the mentally challenged boy in "Million Dollar Baby" plays "Reed Fish" In real life he is called Jay Baruchel... he may for ever be the mentally challenged kid from Million Dollar Baby for me, only time will tell. His character is in the vein of a John Cusack role (Think- Say Anything, High Fidelity, etc, etc...). I suppose it is high time there is a replacement... after all Cusack has been playing these roles for what... twenty years? All kidding aside, Baruchel rises above his sophomoric teen persona and does well in Reed Fish.
Schuyler Fisk, Sissy Spacek's (Carrie, Badlands) daughter has begun to make a name for herself and this film serves as a nice addition. I've only seen Schuyler in Orange County, an enjoyable teen comedy that has some comic relief from Jack Black. Apparently Schuyler, (who is an attractive redhead) in addition to being an actress, is also a singer-songwriter.

Well gotta go... when you read this, your work week may or may not be more than 80% complete! Fiesta!

No comments: