Sunday, October 21, 2007

Red Sox Victory (Ye-yeaaaah!)

Hayes... the title is a tribute to your celebratory yelp.

Anyway, I had a good day which began with a lot of apartment cleaning. I threw out quite a bit of paperwork and other crap... and managed to make space for the air conditioner in my closet.

Last night I had stopped off at Jason's apartment to catch up... I caught him in the middle of consuming a large plate of syrup (Aunt Jemima) laden buttermilk pancakes. Anyway we had a quick chat and agreed to cooking something up Saturday night prior to the Sox game and then sitting down tow watch the event.

So tonight at 7:00 Jason & I cooked up some tacos, had some Brazilian beer called "Brahma" which I've gotta say was pretty good. The bottles have no label, however the name is etched in the glass and they have a curvaceous shape, much like a woman. But aside from that it was quite tasty and refreshing too.
The game was great... Schilling and the Sox offense proved to be more than we could hope for. J.D. Drew... thank you.

So here I am... post game rambling...
Aside from this I did buy the Traveling Wilbury's Collection finally which is currently out in the car. I look forward to enjoying the collaboration between Harrison, Lynne, Petty, Dylan, and Orbison. Additionally I added to my collection of "The National". This latest CD, even with a cursory listen, sounds phenomenal. It is called "Sad Songs For Dirty Lovers" and It was released in 2003. Kate and I saw this Low-Fi Indie label act from Williamsburg NYC back on the 6th at the Roxy. Another Williamsburg based band... with Interpol, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Nada Surf, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs and many others.... there has to be something good about that run down part of Brooklyn I just didn't pick up on.

Anyway.... I think I'm going to chill out for a bit with my new tunes before finally slipping into slumber.

No comments: