Sunday, January 27, 2008

Last weekend in January

It was a good one!

First off and most importantly I want to congratulate my cousin Hope and her husband Tom on their new born baby Justin Ward who was brought into the world Saturday morning! I look forward to seeing some pictures!

Next my weekend.... well Friday I got home and after consuming a stouffer's microwave lasagna I fell asleep on the futon with the TV on. I made my way into bed eventually and crashed till 10:30 AM or so on Saturday. I attempted to do some cleaning, some ironing, etc, etc, and made a little progress before Kate arrived at 5:00 pm.

Kate and I used a coupon and ate at Bennigans (yes.... Bennigans) on route 1. We had a chainer feast. The Bennigans was comical to say the least. The place was empty save a few middle aged to elderly couples. The employees were nerdy/punk teenagers who were obviously playing an ipod through the restaurant's speakers. So instead of the typical elevator/adult contemporary music an eclectic mix that included everything from Marilyn Manson, Radiohead, Death cab for cutie, and uncensored crude Louie the IVX tunes blared over the speakers. A lapse in judgment by management perhaps... but with the lack of customers, it didn't seem like they had much to lose. Kate had a chicken wrap sandwich and I some "Irish ribs" covered in a Jameson based BBQ sauce. With our coupon we splurged and got an appetizer sampler as well. Mmmmm mmmmm unhealthy previously frozen chain food... it is just tough to beat.

Kate and I watched the figure skating championship when we got back. We had a desert of ice cream and Boston Creme Pie, because the chain food grease just wasn't enough to clog our arteries effectively.

Sunday Kate and I managed to book our hotel for the Berlin leg of our Germany trip. (Exciting!) For supper we had some Chinese food at a place in Medford... which was introduced to us through another mail based coupon (came in the same packet as the Bennigan's coupon). The food was good old Americanized Chinese food and they even have a buffet. We weren't there at the right time to indulge in that, but we'll perhaps have to make a point to go in the future.

So for the most part it was a lazy weekend that was defined with good news, artery clogging comfort food, and trip planning. Now I get to look forward to next weekend!

Enjoy your Monday!

Obama's on the move! Keep your fingers crossed for McCain on Tuesday. I'm debating whether I care about watching the State of The Union on Monday night.....

No comments: