Sunday, May 10, 2009

I'm Back!!!

And by I'm back, what I really mean is my PC is back, with a new motherboard and all of its working parts, circuits, etc in order! And what this means is perhaps, just maybe I can make up for lost time.

First off, Kate and I had a fantastic weekend. We caught the new Star Trek movie on Saturday night and it was excellent. I had been looking forward to it. I had that same giddy feeling of excitement and anticipation that I used to feel when a classic Spielberg or Star Wars or Star Trek film came out when I was a child. This movie completely lived up to that. It is going to breathe new life into this franchise for certain and perhaps create a whole new generation of Trekkies. They may even potentially make one of me yet, if they can continue to put out stuff like this.

Sunday Kate and I had a nice lunch at the 99 grill, and then spent the afternoon playing some tennis. For a couple of amateurs I think we did pretty good. We didn't hit the ball out of the court once ;)

Tonight after dropping Kate off I picked up some Tandori Chicken and Naan from a new Indian restaurant near by. The Kabab Corner was excellent, and apparently it is run by the same people who own "India Castle" and "Desi Dhaba" in Cambridge. The latter of which I've been to a couple of times. Any way, I'm becoming more and more of a fan of Indian food, so I can definitely see my self becoming a regular. They have a very affordable lunch buffet that runs through the weekend... so I'll probably definitely make use of that!

Other up dates.... Last Thursday Mike Caprio and I caught a great Red Sox game at Fenway, where the team scored a mind boggling 12 runs in the 6th inning. Cleveland did not know what hit them.

At the time I joked with Caprio that I would have to post 6 or 7 entries over the weekend, or perhaps he demanded that.... I can't remember either way. While I have definitely fallen short of those lofty aspiration, I do promise I will make the point to really get on top of this. Even if my day happens to be dull, there is a lot in this world that can be written about, and much that can be and should be discussed.

Till then....

No comments: