Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Yech... Tuesday

Today was my stand-in Monday after all, so it deserves a little bit of scorn.

Tonight I watched "Noise", a film starring Tim Robbins about a man driven to be a vigilante who punishes the owners or erratic car alarms. I really enjoyed this movie. Really.

It spoke to that anger that I admit I am prone to possessing, the irritation over the complete indifference people have towards one another.

Of course I would never smash car windows in, or even let the air out of the tires.... but I would dream about figuring out a way to putting a stop to it. I personally have called the cops, although like it is mentioned in the movie.... that is pretty useless. (There is a Nissan Altima that parks in the commuter rail lot next to me over some weekends, and a BMW SUV in the neighboring complex lot... both of which have overly sensitive if not broken alarms) It is beyond me why police won't write up citations for these people when they'll pull you over for having a pin hole in your muffler or for being in a slight hurry. I mean the alarm is pretty much intentional, blatant disregard for people, if you know about the problem and have not taken effort to fix it. They need to fine, especially in these times when city coffers are running low, it would be an excellent revenue source.

Anyway... it is on Netflix "Watch Instant" If you want to find joy in someone destroying cars I highly recommend it. It is a good old fantasy film through and through.

No comments: