Monday, October 09, 2006

Forget a large clump of what I recently said....

Report: Foley warned in 2000

YEP... Evidence, or so it seems. This could have an impact. I wanted a change but honestly this is not how I believed we should get it. The Democrats should be showing us that are better suited to handle things than Republicans. Well, perhaps the Democrats ARE starting to appear better suited to handle things, but it isn't because of their great plan. Certain Republican politicians are just so vile that the democrats are starting to seem better. In reality, they could very well be worse.

I suppose if nothing else comes of this we will get rid of Hastert, a lousy worthless politician as far as I'm concerned.

I wanted to see a Democratic party, or an opposition capitalize in areas where the Republicans have failed miserably. Complacency on lousy foreign policy by the current administration, budgets run amok, and a failure to effectively address the future social security concerns.

What we have instead is a group of people who criticize foreign policy and only offer often divided, and simplistic solutions which are unrealistic, such as bringing troops immediately home or simply pointing out that it was a war of choice. The problem is time travel hasn't been invented so despite Iraq being a very poor choice, we HAVE to deal with it now. Next on spending, most on one hand cite spending as a problem, but then on every individual troubled program the quick fix is "spending more money". If you had a leaking faucet in your house, in most cases you would find out why it is leaking and fix it. The democratic solution to this, would be to buy a faucet made of gold, and then toss the old one, which you just so happen to be still making payments on. Social Security! I have not heard any discussion on this. You don't even hear the Bob Dole & Al Gore "lock box" suggestions of old.

Anyway, I'm divided because on one hand I want to see the current congress punished, but then on the other hand, I'm not looking forward to replacing them with people who may be even worse.

People are going to vote for change... just for the sake of change. I think Foley and now North Korea have provided a double whammy which could make the Democrats dream a reality. I can't blame them one bit. If I had the ability to vote in one of these close races to throw out an incumbent I probably would. But not because I though we'd be better off... it is more that I think people have no other choice.

No comments: