Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My nostrils


This past weekend was a fairly lazy one. The highlight was hanging out with Kate Sunday. We went to the Texas Roadhouse for lunch and I indulged in an excellent sirloin. Kate had a pulled pork dinner. Of course the rolls, ahhh the rolls, are definitely the best thing about this kitsch steakhouse chain.

I've been very tired lately, I don't know if it is the changing of the seasons, or what in particular has brought it on. I've been sleeping well at night, but I still find myself dozing off after getting home, and my whole evening slips from my grasp.

I have a pimple in the inside of my left nostril, and it is quite awful. It is intense enough that it is making my nostrils asymmetrical, my right nostril appearing visibly larger. I knew that this is very interesting information, and I just thought it would be appropriate to share with all of my readers.

I watched The Inside Man & Lucky # Sleven. Out of the two Lucky Number Sleven was probably my preferred film. I thought it was a bit more creative and entertaining. While the Inside Man was good, I actually fell asleep before it ended and had to watch the last few scenes again. In The Inside Man, Jodie Foster had one of the more "saucy" roles I've seen her play. It was a powerful cut-throat role, so despite the unusual suggestions of sex appeal, it still worked out well for her. (One usually thinks of Clarice Starling who did not want to be judged, or use her sexuality to accomplish things). Josh Hartnett was surprisingly bearable and appropriate in his role in "Sleven". Usually I find him rather boorish and he always seems to play that "complacent jock" type, this was a step up for him.

I don't know about everyone else but I'm sort of excited for election night... I still think if there is any victory for the Democrats it will be marginal, but who knows what will happen. Honestly I have mixed feelings because I think the republicans stink, but I don't think the democrats (as a broad assessment) have earned a take over bid. Republicans involved should be held to account for excessive spending and corruption. Likewise, democrats exhibiting these traits should be held to account to. Unfortunately only the truly dedicated will dig up a canidates' voting records on spending, and in this climate their opponent likely will not be an improvement.

No comments: