Tuesday, October 31, 2006

On the Eve of November


Because it was too much effort to write Happy Halloween, and it would take a hell of a lot of gummy bears.

Hope everyone had a good day. My "treat" for the day was to go get myself an order of buffalo wings from domino's. And yes, I know some of you are wondering, despite the temptation to do the contrary, I did wash my hands before I went to the bathroom.

The server was awful today for blogger, and I don't know if it was just me, but I found the net to be slow over all through out the day. It was slow both at my apartment and at work. Ahhhh... who knows.


"You know, education -- if you make the most of it, you study hard and you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well.

"If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq." -Senator John Kerry

John Kerry knows how to say some dumb sh*t that's for sure. He can make excuses all he wants, the fact is Kerry said that people only join the service because they can't navigate the educational system. That is such an elitist and absurd suggestion. It is just plain ignorant, arrogant, and completely out of touch. Many people serve because they want to, because they know they'll gain discipline in their lives. They'll also learn many valuable skills, leadership being one of the most important. I voted for John Kerry out of protest against the current administration's high risk behavior and constant spin to serve their outlandish agenda. That is truly what it was, an anti-Bush vote, not a pro-Kerry vote.

It is sad, but generally speaking that seems to be how politics works today. Instead of candidates promoting their great ideas, they just list all of the horrible things about their opposition. With W, no lists were necessary. I guess for the short term he's at least done well with the economy (until the debt catches up with us in a bad way).

On that note....

No comments: