Sunday, January 14, 2007

JANUARY "half time"

When does the band perform? And I fully expect some dancing girls with batons to come out or I'm going to be quite disappointed.

Well... another weekend come and gone (five days till the next one!). Mine started off with an office party where Dave, Christine, Norbert (my coworkers) and myself went to Flat top Johnny's in Cambridge for some free pool & drinks. It was a good time, it had been about a year since I last played pool. I was rusty to start off, but got better as the evening progressed.

Saturday Night I met up with Kate and her friend Michelle at at the Sunset Grill in Allston. I imagined my first impression on her was a bit of a mixed one. For instance, I insisted that "Prey" was Michael Crichton's new book when in fact it is called "Next". Prey was put out several years ago. There was consensus confusion on the cover having a monkey and bar code however, which indeed is on the cover of "Next" not "Prey". I suppose my confusion, encouraged this further confusion, after all, TYPICALLY, people know the title of the book they are reading... not me titles are for suckers.

The sunset Grill meal was good, and Michelle was nice, and Kate & I had a good weekend. We went and saw the Pursuit of Happyness (Intentionally misspelled title....for all of the suckers out there) which I felt was excellent. It is a very sad movie, and realistically portrays who bad times can seem to build with that snowball effect.

Patriots beat the Chargers... Wooo!!! I confess I didn't watch the game, although I should probably try and catch this next one against the Colts.

In the News:

Because the Iraq thing is going so smashingly why the hell not?
White House: Can't rule out attack on Iran

This is great news, however it pains me knowing how long it can take for drugs & potential treatments to be developed in relation to discoveries such as these. It is likely that the elders in our lives may not benefit but perhaps we shall.
Scientists identify Alzheimer's gene in study

Ooooh shady monetary promises to the public. I suppose I can't complain about this one too much, as I believe the government should help support higher education where it can. The amusing thing, is that they aren't living up to the entire campaign promise if you read the fine print... and next week? Up for vote NEXT WEEK?! Hey Dems what happened to the "first 100 hours pledge" and why isn't the press putting the failure to achieve this goal on the front page. YOU know they would if it was the GOP. (hmmmmmm.....) Not to defend the GOP, but just to remind everyone that the Dems wrote the book on the very traits that landed the Republicans back on curb. Don't get your hopes too high that things will change.... for the better. THIRD PARTY.... a Moderate Party..... Its what we need.
Democrats propose lower interest on some student loans

And some old news... If you call it "news" but this is the piece that made Barney Frank (Senator MA) rather unfriendly towards Stephen Colbert.


No comments: