Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A Taxi for A Taco (or three)

Today was a frustrating day of busy work on the job. I sat before my weekly meeting with my boss and my head literally hurt trying to think about what I had been doing all day. Troubleshooting software, organizing data, making calls to IT and vendors, and putting together a presentation for tomorrow.... all of this with no accomplishment in the lab, nothing for the notebook... it left me feeling a bit disgruntled. To further irritate me, I still have a great deal of work to do on the presentation because certain common data that should have been readily available on our shared department drive was not there through some IT glitch. Grrrrrrrrr....

Anyway Kate made tacos for supper and a salad and all as well. Mmmmmmm tacos.

Below is an excellent article about Keith Ellison's needlessly controversial use of the Quran in place of the Bible. There were a great deal of ultra-conservative (Essentially Christian Fundamentalists) naysayers who tried to protest this. Here's some evidence of Jefferson's interest in the varied faiths of the world. Honestly, wouldn't you want a Muslim to swear on the Quran rather than the Bible? I mean.... if this is about that "fear of God" thing, WHICH IT CLEARLY IS.... shouldn't they swear on Allah? Or maybe I'm just smoking crack. If our country were ignorant enough to prevent this act, it would validate to the Islamic fundamentalists, that we are indeed engaged in a crusade. The United States prides itself on being a nation of freedom. We should not stray from these ideals.
Congressman to take oath on Jefferson's Quran

This could make the Notre Dame worship by Catholics across the U.S. look like small peanuts. (Is the Vatican seeking out creative ways to boost their coffers in an increasingly secular world?)
Pope on the pitch? Vatican may start soccer team

No comments: