Sunday, January 21, 2007

WAAAAAAAHHHHHH....

The Weekend and the Upset

Of course if you are in New England, it is likely you are already well aware of the upset against the Patriots. The team kind of fell apart in the second half, and I suppose on that first touchdown they got sort of lucky with the fumble recovery.... Anyway... I guess despite our rivalry I will pull for the Colts in the Superbowl. Manning needs his Superbowl victory.

Other than that I had a good weekend. Made steak tips on Saturday night with french fries, salad, and scallops wrapped in bacon. Had a pancake breakfast Sunday after I put together a chili and set it up for a slow cook in the crock pot. Kate came over and enjoyed the cooking. It was a lazy weekend, although we did go for a short walk in the crisp weather on Sunday.

It looks like some major saber rattling by some of the world's most angry figures has made the headlines. First will start closer to our neighborhood.


Bwwaaaah haa haa haaaa!!!
Oh... and this little excerpt from the article is priceless:
"They took out Saddam Hussein and they hanged him, for good or worse. It's not up to me to judge any government, but that gentleman was the president of that country," Chavez said.

While I'm not going to argue that going into Iraq was a brilliant or necessary course of action, I will say the world's loss of Saddam isn't exactly an atrocity. Everything else about the Iraq war has been a complete chaotic unplanned disaster which has brought more instability to the globe. On calling Saddam a gentlemen, well.... I guess Chavez didn't keep to his promise on not "judging other governments".

The irony is the U.S. cared two sh*ts about Saddam's ethnic cleansing activity when he was doing our bidding by confronting Iran. The United States was willing to turn its head on barbarism as long as the barbarians were helping defeat Communism or supporting various economic interests.


Ahmadinejad says to the West... "Look at me, look at me, I'm evil too! I've been working on my Napoleon complex and decided to give it a little trial...." And so it begins....

Well I suppose we are really overdue for WWIII. I figure eventually Cheney or Bush will actually hit one of these hornet nests with their b-b guns and they will fall from the tree, and angry insects will just swarm all over the world. (actually they are preoccupied kicking the Iraq nest around.... but in a moment of boredom, they could get easily distracted) If we are lucky it won't happen, because I hear Dick is a really lousy shot. If they do bust open a nest, I imagine W will say "heh heh heh... that was wicked Awesome... reminded me of that time I hid and shot Jeb in the ass with my twenty two... boy poppy sure was pissed". After a nuclear winter cools the planet a couple of degrees as a result of WWIII, W will claim all along that it was his plan to save us from global warming. "Betcha never saw that one coming did ya.... BAM... take that Gore.... I call it "A Very Convenient Truth"... pretty clever huh? Condy and I were talkin about it one night when we were at "Chi Chi's Taqueria".... and when she said that line I just about snorted my entire dinner out of my nose. Those Chimchangas really burned up my sinuses... couldn't smell for a week..... it reminded me of this other time I got this stuff in my nose... ohhh yeah Karl says I should zip it... heh heh ietquay onway ethay ocainecay"

Happy Monday all....

No comments: