Wednesday, June 06, 2007

SCOOPER BOWL

WOO HOO!

'Jericho' fans assail CBS with 25 tons of peanuts

YEAH!!! I don't know what the chances are they could bring it back. But it is good to see I'm not alone on wanting the show to continue.

I left a message with the land lord today to see if I had any options on getting the outlet replaced for my air conditioner. I'm not expecting to get any help, but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. It should be easy to switch it out, I'm sure the regular maintanance worker would be perfectly capable and an electrician would be unnecessary.

I had a mimosa and a champagne at work today. There was a little celebratory party over some changes in upper management. It was a good way to waste an hour of the day. Normally I'm opposed to these types of events, but I could squeeze it in today and it was a welcome diversion.

Kate and I went to the "Scooper Bowl" tonight. This is a all you can eat ice cream extravaganza which benefits the Jimmy Fund. Supposadely it is the biggest of it's kind in the country. I wanted to try "Lobster Ice Cream" by Giffords, however they ran out. I could have gotten some when we first got there, but my initial assumption was that it would be gross.... but later I thought I should have tried some just to say that I did. You snooze you lose I guess.

Unsatisfied by our 8 (at least) scoops of ice cream Kate and I went to Ernesto's after for a slice of pizza. It had been a while, and my memories of why I used to call Ernesto's the best slice in Boston all came back.

Anyway... More than half way through the week now, and glad.

Well... gotta get back to the Red Sox game and watch their big comeback against the A's (One can hope!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You fudged the time a little too much on that one, George. The game hadn't exactly started at 9:59pm. Unless of course you were on Newfoundland Daylight Time (NDT). I believe that comeback (though it fell short) was gaining momentum then. Cheers, bitch!

-John

P.S. - I'll be in Southie for the weekend and then some, perhaps. My Godson (strange seeing that tiele written out) is graduating from junior high. Give me a call if you're up to nothing. There could be a chance visit Saturday night from Musson.