Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The steady......

metallic drone of the air conditioner resonates in my environment as I dwell in the artificially controlled humidity and temperature. Oh the miracles of a little freon, a three pronged adapter, and electricity.

I sit here sipping my artificially sweetened blueberry green tea, resting my foot on my peeling particle board PC desk. I stop to scratch my thinning hair, and think of errands to do, what I should do, what I should have done, and what I should be doing. I draw a blank and listen to the condensation on the air conditioner coils as it ricochets off of the metal combs.

Hmmm.....

Tonight I watched Midnight Cowboy, sporting a young Jon Voight (making the Angelina Jolie relations more evident) and Dustin Hoffman, not to mention Harry Nilsson's classic tune "Everybody's Talking at Me". It was a good film, depressing, but well done. It was highly stylized for the time period it emerged from. I've read that it was originally rate X, but by today's standards it seems PG13....I guess R. I suppose the prostitution, homosexuality, and drug references probably did it in then. It would seem like it came out at a time when the masses (outside of perhaps the college scene) probably would not be ready for it. It was one of those films that left me a bit comatose. It reminded me a little of Requiem for a dream in some of the imagery. There was a great bohemian party scene midway through the film with music that had to have been an inspiration for Stereolab (Elephant Memory, "Old Man Willow"). Hoffman was great playing yet another completely different role right on mark.

Anyway... I have to get beauty rest, or something along those lines so...
tah tah!

No comments: