Monday, June 04, 2007

stupid two pronged outlets.....antiquated rubble rubble...

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!

Bought myself a small air conditioner, got it back to the apartment, and realized I'll probably have to return it or give it to my folks or Aunt. My room only has two pronged plugs... while I'm fine with using an adapter on my surge protector and computer... I generally have a problem using an item partially exposed to the elements.. Especially since the manual says "we strongly advise against using an adapter" Oh well... guess it's back to the window fan for me. Perhaps I'll get another one, one for both windows. (grumble)...

I don't know how that slipped my mind... or perhaps I thought I'd just use the adapter... who knows. Anyway, it was a nice dream... Suppose I could ask the landlord if I could get an electrician to replace the outlet (provided the box is grounded) and even pay for it.... but who am I kidding, I'm waaay too cheap for that.

It's probably better that I give the air conditioner to my Aunt or Father anyway. They wouldn't buy it on their own, but perhaps they'll take this one.

No comments: