Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Lemon Chicken with Rice & black beans

And a salad.... that was my nice supper at Kate's tonight. After we walked to Emack & Bolio's, got a couple of Ice Cream Cones, then walked to Kenmore square where Kate and I parted ways. I'm looking forward to the weekend, which will be a long one. In Massachusetts Monday is a holiday "Patriots Day" which by the way has nothing to do with the football team.

I'm reading "The Grapes of Wrath" finally. I've enjoyed every John Steinbeck book I've read, my favorites being "Cannery Row" and "Tortilla Flat". This book which is often described as his greatest achievement is definitely living up to the hype. Coincidentally, South Park's latest episode chose to spoof "The Grapes of Wrath" when Stan's family and many others head west with all their belongings tied to their car. For the Marsh family, they were searching for the Internet and were headed for dreams of connectivity in the Silicon Valley, as opposed to "The Joads" of Steinbeck's creation who head to California to make a living after the Dust Bowl, and land owners kick them out of the Midwest.

Kate and I booked our train pass for Germany and it just arrived in the mail today. We are now officially less than a month away from our departure!

No comments: