Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Last Sunday of April 2008

And so it goes, almost a quarter of the year 2008 has come and gone.

Today Kate and I got up early to have a nice lunch at Cambridge Common with her friends Adam and Sarah. They were up from Baltimore for a weekend get away visiting friends in the area. We had a nice afternoon walking around Brookline, where Adam & Sarah used to be roommates with Kate a few years ago. Adam, Sarah and Kate reminisced and we enjoyed the cleansing brisk overcast spring weather.

We touched on politics of course and I perhaps got a little too excitable when Adam made a rather negative comment about my views on government provided health care. That pretty much ended the discussion because I think they thought my head might explode or something along those lines. Yeah... emotional stability hasn't been really solid for me lately. Not that I'm really unstable, it is more that I've been getting bothered even more than usual by politics, and other often simple stuff. I've always been emotional when it comes to politics, it runs on both sides of the family. I sort thrive on my emotions, (In my deluded, deluded mind) but forget that people don't find "my passion" very attractive.. so I must work on reigning that in.

Adam & Sarah departed in the early evening for an Eisley concert they were headed to over at The Paradise. I hung out with Kate for a little while longer, and helped her carry her groceries back to her apartment before finally returning to Melrose via. the good old undependable Boston Public Transportation.

Back to work... I look forward to dinner with Kate on Wednesday.

No comments: