Monday, April 10, 2006

ü < Alt 0252 ! Wow, you learn something new every day

-See Yesterdays comments for explanation of today's title

Enjoy this lovely speech on Global Warming


Today was a day of coincidental collisions. Work was smooth and at a nice pace for a change. I accomplished what I set out to do, and things were organized and streamlined. It was a beautiful thing. I am getting to travel for business Thursday and Friday, which will be a new experience for me, so I'm a bit excited, perhaps a little anxious.

Upon leaving work, I headed to Porter Square to go to Bally's for a workout. I am determined to lose 10 lbs before the end of the month. Today would have been a great start provided I didn't break down tonight and get Chinese take out. I only ate half of it however, and I drank Kate's Diet Coke. You have to start somewhere. For lunch I only had green bean casserole, and water. I'm trying to officially remove coke from my diet, and that will be the toughest thing to do, although, really it is probably the most effective at reducing calorie intake. Well, enough about this seemingly pointless self torture....back to the collisions.

So, coming off the subway, I heard someone yell my name a couple times. I had my mp3 player on and wasn't quite sure where it came from. "Oh well", I thought "Must have been someone in a car who pulled away in traffic, or perhaps it was for a different George" Although surprisingly, outside of the offspring of heavyweight champions and presidents, there really aren't that many Georges frolicking about. If someone was yelling at me, perhaps I'd hear about it later.

I burned 700+ calories at the gym on the elliptical and tread mill, and felt satisfied, albeit exhausted. I definitely was not up to par today and just couldn't keep pace in my jog.

After the gym, I saw none other than CAPRIO at Downtown Crossing. Now that Mike is in Charlestown, it seems like this should have happened some time ago, as we both ride the Orange line, however, the stars just did not line up correctly until today. Apparently Caps, as he is often called, has a membership at the Downtown Crossing Bally's. Great minds think alike.

Anyway, to summarize, we had a nice chat about crumpets and our favorite brands of tea. I prefer Earl Grey while Mike said you can't beat a nice commercialized black tea with cream, sugar, and English tea biscuits. Ahhh.. Mike you always have been a traditionalist.

Revisiting my first collision, I got back to the apartment, before breaking down for some Peking Ravioli, I checked my email. Mark Farmer!, Mark Farmer, who the hell is Mark Farmer?! Mark is an old coworker from Peoples Genetics, a great guy who I miss working with. I hadn't seen him in, I don't know, 6 months, maybe a year? I think Mark, Maisy and I got together at "On the Border" this Fall perhaps. Anyway it was Farmer of course who was shouting my name. He suggested a Peoples reunion over grub and beer some time soon, and that we should perhaps try to get Kevin Arnold (not Fred Savage), our foul mouthed "Brit" boss to come along. Good idea, but I'd bet my spleen that we can't get Arnold to show up :D. Perhaps Farmer will carry some pull that Maisy and I have not been able to.

Wow, I'm impressed W, you are making ole Bubbah Billy Boy (Clinton) look like an amateur. Critics: White House should explain why information was released

From the above article: "The court documents do not suggest Bush approved the leaking of the agent's identity." Of course they have now admitted to pretty much all of the other pieces of this puzzle, so it almost goes without saying that the chain of command was responsible for that is well.

The following is from: Bush interviewed in CIA leak probe
"The president directed the White House to cooperate fully with the investigation," McClellan said.

"He was pleased to do his part to help the investigation move forward. No one wants to get to the bottom of this matter more than the president of the United States and he has said on more than one occasion that if anyone inside or outside the government has information to help get to the bottom of this, they should help."

McClellan deferred to the investigators all questions about the substance of the questioning or whether Bush was explicitly told he was not the target of the probe.



"Legal experts have speculated that Woodward's source in the Plame affair came from within the White House, State Department or CIA, but White House officials have ruled out President Bush; his Chief of Staff Andrew Card; Bush's counselor, Dan Bartlett; and National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley." -from Whodunit? The world may never know

Have to hand it to him... the man is talented. What other tricks do they have up their sleeves? See.... the funny thing is, there are probably multiple investigations, which are potential impeachable offenses, this of course depends upon: Will the Democrats get power over the legislative branch in November (I personally think the likelihood of this is being over-exaggerated)? Then, if they do gain power, can they essentially impeach both the President and the Vice President, as they are proving to both be equally involved it the misuse of power, deceit, corruption, etc, etc.? Will they risk the havoc it could unleash on our system? Find out next week on "As the World Turns".

We are doomed....., Ross Perot, where are you? Hell, I'd let Trump be our political savior at this point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agreed.