Thursday, April 06, 2006

Wild Wednesday on the town

Brown sugar, how come you taste sooo good, yeah yeah yeah Whooooooo!

I'm definitely sure Mick didn't exactly have this in mind when he was singing those lyrics... Buut... I had the best dinner out in a while tonight at The Brown Sugar Cafe. I had Tender Beef Pepper: Sliced tender beef marinated in House Special Sauce stir-fried with fresh hot peppers, assorted mushrooms, red peppers, green peppers and scallions. There were at least 4 different types of mushrooms in this. One mushroom was sort of spicy, another was sweet.... it was beyond belief good. Kate had Gaprow Chicken: Spicy minced chicken in chili sauce with green and red peppers, red onions and sweet basil leaves. It reminded me a little of the filling for P.F. Chang's lettuce wraps, although the strong basil presence gave this a lovely flavor. For an appetizer we had Brown Sugar Spareribs: Charcoal grilled pork ribs lightly glazed with chef's special sauce. these were sweet, I mean literally, I think a bit of honey & brown sugar was involved. The decor in this place was wonderful, very classy, but not too imposing as to make you feel out of place. I'll definitely go back.

I was swearing and cursing up a storm seconds ago when my browser froze and I completely lost all of this information. This is the second time I've written this, I was really quite angry... I kind of still am now. I'll probably even be pissed off when I get up tomorrow morning. Its funny how little things can be so irritating.

This is an old (and by old I mean a week or two...) clip from the daily show. It is another of the "Trendspotter" bits on "Myspace" It is fairly amusing.



And an interview of Congressman Brad Sherman by Stephen Colbert. He is very insistent on asking about a certain industry in the San Fernando Valley.

No comments: