Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Flight to Orlando

I arrived in Orlando safe and sound although we had an adventurous pilot. I'm not well traveled or a frequent flier by any means, but from what experiences I do have flying, this particular flight was one of the more queasy that I've been on. Its as though this pilot felt that he was flying a F-16 rather than a 757. Extra sharp and sudden turns, super steep assents, stomach dropping altitude adjustments and rather extreme angles were not uncharacteristic of this little adventure in the sky. I'm not one to generally be bothered by flights, turbulence, take off, & landings typically don't phase me. The skies weren't rough at all, but just the maneuverings of this pilot had me in a nice sweat after take off. Upon landing my hands were cold and clammy.

Getting out of the Airport was quick, and the rental was uneventful. They wanted to shaft me with a minivan again, and this time, especially with gas as it us, I did not want that. Before I realized I was not getting my compact car, they dangled the "Convertible" carrot in my face. Initially I refused, but upon the possibility of the minivan, I jumped at the convertible. It is a bit more, but with the gas I would have had to put into the mommymobile I'll probably break even.

We found Jason's apartment fairly easy, with a slight delay, as the rental place was off site and my directions had to be reconfigured slightly. Jason hadn't arrived back from work quite yet, but he did leave us a spare key and we sprawled out on the bed in our room until he arrived.

When Jason did arrive we enjoyed a nice dinner at an Italian restaurant called "Brio Tuscan Grille" in the Millennia Mall near by which is where Jason introduced Kate & I to P.F. Chang's last year. It was very reasonable, nice atmosphere and good food. We had drinks, appetizers, salad, the main course and desert & coffee. I hadn't eaten all day, so it definitely hit the spot.

When we headed over Jason immediately went out to my convertible and figured out how to operate the roof, which aside from unclamping it from the windshield, pretty much works at the touch of a button. It was a beautiful night in the 80s, and it made for a very nice drive.

So tomorrow we are trying to head out by 8 to go to Miami. We expect to be there by 4 hours, but it should be a fairly straight shot & easy drive. Then the beach will be ours to take in!

I'll probably try to write a bit on Friday night & possibly Saturday or Sunday, but Thursday I shouldn't have the time or access to internet as I'll be amongst the pretty people sticking out like a sore thumb :D

So, Till then!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: