Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Hotel with no Entrance


My week is semi over I guess you could say, as tomorrow and Friday I get to go to a class at the Doubletree Hotel in Allston MA. I have to get up fairly early to get over to the Boston University central stop on the B line and then its a 15+ minute walk along the Charles to get there.

I had a tough time figuring out how to get there without the hassle of driving. The information provided by mapquest and the mbta trip planner is misleading and impractical at best. The mbta directed me to the Babcock stop which it claims is
only .31 miles from the hotel/conference center, but this must be as the bird flies. In between lies the Mass Pike, numerous toll booths, Storrow drive, a rail yard, and there is no way to cross it. It really is an enormous obstacle that really divides up that section of Boston. You don't realize it until you have to go somewhere in that region. I didn't make it to the gym tonight in light of my search for tomorrow's transit route, but I did a hell of a lot of walking, which should make up for it. You can see the hotel's tower there taunting you within reach, but you have to make a couple mile loop by following the roads. When all hope was lost, I discovered I could use a bike path along Storrow drive, and a pedestrian bridge from the back side of the Boston University campus. I'll probably have to walk just short of a mile, rather than 2-3 miles.


Caught the end of the Sox game tonight in time to see Adam stern nearly kill himself running full throttle into the Green Monster to successfully catch a ball. Ahhhh Baseball.

Southpark was definitely amusing tonight. It started with Towleeie getting a job at P.F. Changs where it took him 15 minutes to mix the spicy sauce because he was stoned. Quality television.

I need to conduct some spring cleaning Friday. I have to come up with a plan and stick to it with discipline. I think I'll do my planting on the balcony as well since we seem to be getting warm weather.

Please enjoy my graphics, may they serve as antidotes to this otherwise dull entry.

Scott Wilkinson text messaged me to say "Happy Easter". I thought I was imagining things when I saw his name on my phone while on a pre-Easter feast stroll with Kate. Kate said "Maybe Scott is calling to wish you a Happy Easter?" and I looked at her like she was mad. Well tonight I was goofing around with my options on my phone only to discover I had a text message from Scotty. Kate you were right. Scotty you are a good man. A cheeseball, :D but a good man regardless.

No comments: