Sunday, August 06, 2006

And so August Arrives

My weekend Summary:

Friday: Got home, watched Amelie (which actually was an awesome little film... I highly recommend it. I thought I wouldn't like it) Then I went to sleep.

Saturday: Slept till 11:00 am, woke up, did some heavy duty cleaning in the apartment, but a shoe rack, threw away my old "foot of the bed" carpet, and bought a new one. Reorganized my closet, brought out my bike, which I plan to try to get in working condition. Kate came over and we walked to Grimsby's about a half mile down West Wyoming Ave. here in Melrose. Great little place. It has a train station motif but is like a family restaurant turn bar in the evening. I'm sure I'll frequent it often now that I know what it is like.

Sunday: Mmmmmmm Blueberry cream ice-cream. That is what Kate & I had for breakfast. It is very lovely, Hood puts out the flavor. Give it a whirl. Kate had errands to do, and I accompanied her on what Kate called "A window into her life". We ate at Chili's for dinner in the Copley plaza. They sat us next to a window looking out towards the South end, which I didn't even know existed. Kate had chicken tacos, I had a 1/2 rack of ribs and a sirloin with mashed potatoes. Plentiful chips and salsa were available for our appetizer pleasure. It was a nice unexotic American meal. Some times you just need a good chain restaurant meal. :D

Thursday Kate & I are going to try and see a free "Yeah Yeah Yeah's" concert at the Boston City Hall Plaza. It should be pretty cool. I'm going to have to go into work early and try to get out earlier (than usual) because the concert is at 6:00.

It should be fun, I'm admittedly not really familiar with them, but I know several of my friends like them... So I look forward to it.

Conspiracy Theory: I've seen these people below in Harvard square trying to say the administration felled the towers in order to support their agenda, I think if they were going to go through all that trouble, there would have been much better ways... and I think it is nothing short of ludicrous. (Not that Bush & company aren't shady... just not THAT shady, Its too big of a risk. But if it were true, I suppose the Bush:Hitler crowd wouldn't be that far off). Thoughts anyone?

9/11 conspiracy theorists energized

No comments: